Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Obsession: Fiori The Flower Studio

For some girls its the dress, for others its the location, but for some reason for me, its been all about the flowers.I finally got my chance to visit the delightful Fiori Flower Studio on Saturday.


After months of swooning over his work, I can officially say that I am obsessed with this vendor.

As with my other appointments, the consultation began with a discussion of my vision for the wedding. Of course, my common blog themes such as crystals, lavender, and pewter came up but as I reached for my iPad, to show him exactly what I meant, I found that it had overheated and it would take about fifteen minutes to cool off enough to be able to show him My Wedding Obsessions. In the meantime, we talked about outdoor weddings and the beautiful Pecan Farm Wedding I had seen online. To my excitement, it turned out that he was also the flower vendor for that same lovely ceremony I had written about.

Apart from our conversation, what I liked most about this vendor was his willingness & excitement to design something unique to our wedding. With other flower shops I visited, the fact that I didn't know the exact flowers I loved and that I "was open" to seeing different designs seemed to perplex vendors more than ignite their creative juices. I loved that he called himself a "floral designer" and that he even offered to create samples and modify them until we found the perfect fit.

I'll be seeing him again at the Kiss FM Love Affair & Bridal Expo this weekend, where he just may have some ideas for me to take a look at. In the meantime, I would say that his cottage-like studio nestled next to the Magic Pan on Doniphan is definitely worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment