Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Proposal


For those of you who may not know, Marc & I met at Abundant Living Faith Center where we are both volunteer teachers in the Children's Ministry. On the day we met, I called my best friend Sarah and told her I had just met the guy I was going to marry but "he didn't know it yet."
It took him about a year to figure it out.
On December 8th, Marc picked me up from work and told me we were going to Las Vegas RIGHT NOW for my birthday (Dec 24th). I brushed it off and didn't believe him- That would be way to big of a surprise! It probably took him about 8-10 times of telling me, "No, I really am serious" before I started to get excited.

With intrigue,  I asked him what I was supposed to do about work (it was a Wednesday afterall).  He simply replied, "I already took care of it." I then asked him about my clothes (a slightly larger concern) and he told me he had already packed my bags for me and they were in the trunk of the car. I was overcome with complete excitement by the point and my face was starting to hurt from all the smiling.

We flew out about 2 hours later. We had in flight cocktails and made plans for going out later that night. When we arrived at our hotel, though,  it turned out that Marc had other plans for the evening.

I went into our suite to find the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, chocolate covered strawberries and champagne waiting for us. My response:  "Wow! This is the most amazing birthday surprise...EVER!"

Marc poured us two glasses of champagne & proceeded to toast, "To Us."

But what about my birthday?...


Well, that's when Marc proceeded to tell me that this amazing surprise wasn't really a birthday surprise. He got down on one knee and pulled out the most beautiful diamond I had ever seen- a cushion cut (*exactly what I had always wanted*). He then told me millions of amazingly sweet things but to be honest, I have no recollection of most of them!

I was just so excited to get to the part where I could finally just say "YES!"


We celebrated in Vegas for the next four days. Another one of the highlights of our trip was our engagement dinner. We went to the Mesa Grill in Caesar's Palace (Bobby Flay's restaurant) and it turned out that Bobby Flay was there himself- what a perfect meal to start off a perfect life together.

Bobby Flay at our Engagement Dinner
Marc's proposal was so exciting and such a big surprise! Everything was beautiful & so well thought out.
 I can't wait to marry him.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable story!
    Congrats and best wishes on building your "happily ever after!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I'm in tears. What a perfect proposal! They make movies about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you!!!!!!! - Sarah ( I dont have a profile so I am under Anonymous )

    ReplyDelete