Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bridal Show

On Sunday, January 16th I went to the Days of Remembrance 21st Annual Bridal Fair at the Convention Center. My mom, Marc's mom and my friend Christian tagged along to help me hold all the fliers. Overall, I'm glad I went. It was a great opportunity to see (almost) everything that El Paso has to offer in the way of wedding vendors. At the same time though, the way that most of these vendors present themselves was somewhat disappointing to me. I don't think that I've ever seen more poorly designed fliers and handouts until this event. I'll admit that ever since I started dating Marc, co-owner of Ghostlight Creative, I've become somewhat of a "graphic design snob" (haha thanks Marc!) but to me, I think the impression that your printed materials give off is HUGE.  If you aren't willing to spend the extra dollar to present yourself & your business well, then why would I expect you to put in the extra effort to present our wedding day as nicely as possible?

But despite those minor letdowns there were still a few local companies that presented themselves to be really high quality.Here are the links to a few my favorites vendors from the show:

Fiori the Flower Studio- The guy at their booth he was so full of energy & nice plus he loved my idea of using manzanita branches in the centerpieces.Their blog showcases a little bit of their work and I can't wait to see what they can suggest for me.

Mod Creative Events- Super cute lounge furniture and sugar bars. Plus, they're blog is one of the cutest local wedding blogs I've seen yet.

Kara's Bridal- I absolutely loved all the dresses they had on display. Just one caveat- the model/ representative was flirting it up with some guy the whole time that Christian and I were waiting to talk to her. I ended up walking away with no info. Womp, womp...

Elite Events- They had some really stunning cakes and table setups on display but the guy wouldn't give me any information or ranges on prices. To make matters worse I came home to find that they don't have a blog, website, or Facebook. Looks like I'll have to book an appointment to get even the slightest bit of info...

2 comments:

  1. First, let me tell you that I love the blog!
    I see what you mean about the graphic design, actually I did Fiori's corporate image and all marketing material, as well as that Flayer for Elite Events. It's good to know that brides do care about the wedding vendors image and presentation. Some vendors have the idea that Brides don't care about that, wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! I just came across your blog, and love it!! Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete